These easy keto cookies are covered in chocolate, absolutely delicious, and easily able to fit into a keto diet with few carbs.
One of the major downsides to a keto diet for cookie lovers is that most cookies contain a bunch of non-keto friendly ingredients like flour and sugar.
But with these easy keto cookies, you’ll be enjoying sweet cookies again, filled with chocolate and helping you forget that carbs even exist (okay, not quite, but we’ll do our best).
My husband eats Keto and declared these a winner, so I’ve had a chance to perfect the recipe and make sure the measurements are all correct to bring you the keto cookies you deserve.
GET A FREE COOKIE RECIPE BOOK & SECRET BAKING HACKS!
With 9 guaranteed-delicious cookie recipes and plenty of secret baking hacks, this is your ad-free key to cookie success!
Must-Have Baking Tools (seriously)
- Silicone baking mats – I use this brand and my cookies slide right off without burning!
- a cookie scoop – get this one. It makes the perfect rounded cookies every time!
- silicone spatula – try this set. It’s the best way to get the most out of your dough and batters
- rolling pin guides – I use this one. Genius way to roll your dough out evenly!
Ingredients for Easy Keto Cookies
To make keto cookies, you’ll need:
- almond flour
- stevia, a sweetener
- Xantham gum
- vanilla extract
- dark chocolate (we use 90%)
How to Make Almond Flour
If you don’t have almond flour, but you’ve got almonds, you can make homemade almond flour by putting almonds in a blender or food processor.
Seriously, that’s it.
Find an almond flour recipe here.
Can You Use Coconut Flour instead of Almond Flour?
This recipe was formulated to use almond flour, but if you have another kind of keto-friendly flour, the consistency should still work – just the taste will be different.
What if I Don’t have Xantham Gum?
Xantham gum is used a lot in keto baking to bind the ingredients without needing gluten.
If you don’t have xantham gum, your final product will be slightly less “squidgey” and wont’ bind together as well, but you can still go ahead with the recipe.
The consistency will be different, but edible.
How to Store These Cookies
Store these cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week.
How to Make Easy Keto Cookies
First, beat the butter and the stevia together.
Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Slowly add the almond flour and xantham gum, and mix until combined.
Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
With your hands, create cookie shapes – this isn’t a dough that will be rolled, but rather a mixture to be shaped.
Put them on the baking tray 1 inch apart – they won’t spread.
Flatten them down with a fork.
Add extra chocolate chunks on top if you want chocolate covered keto cookies.
Bake at 200 C for 12 minutes, or until the sides have gone golden.
- 3/4 cup (96 grams) almond flour
- 2 cups + 2 tsp butter (250 grams), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) dark chocolate chunks
- First, beat the butter and the stevia together.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the almond flour and xantham gum, and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- With your hands, create cookie shapes - this isn't a dough that will be rolled, but rather a mixture to be shaped.
- Put them on the baking tray 1 inch apart - they won't spread.
- Flatten them down with a fork.
- Add extra chocolate chunks on top if you want chocolate covered keto cookies.
- Bake at 400 C for 12 minutes, or until the sides have gone golden.
1. You can use whatever chocolate works best for you, but I used 90% dark chocolate due to having fewer carbs.
2. These cookies are almost like a cookie cake, as the xantham gum gives them a soft, cake-like texture on the inside while being crisp on the outside.
3. In the photos, the chocolate is covering the cookie because I melted extra chocolate on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g