These Peppa Pig cookies will be a huge hit at any child’s birthday party, and the step-by-step tutorial will make sure that you know how to make them look great.
Now, before you click away because you feel like you could never make Peppa Pig cookies, wait!
In this tutorial, I’ll show you the steps to making Peppa Pig cookies and let you know that as long as you take it one step at a time too, you can totally do it.
I do think you need a basic understanding of cookie decorating to try out these cookies, so maybe start with easier ones like these decorated lemon cookies or decorated Captain America cookies before you move on to Peppa Pig, but they’re worth trying for the joy they’ll bring to any Peppa Pig loving kid’s face.
GET A FREE COOKIE RECIPE BOOK & SECRET BAKING HACKS!
With 9 guaranteed-delicious cookie recipes and plenty of secret baking hacks, this is your ad-free key to cookie success!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Follow the recipes for the cut-out sugar cookie dough and the royal icing recipe to make sure you have all of the ingredients you need to make the cookies and the icing.
We use cut-out sugar cookie dough because it prevents the cookies from spreading in the oven, and the royal icing recipe I use is one with meringue powder instead of fresh egg whites as that makes it really easy to store (room temperature) and it’s safe for pregnant women to eat.
In fact, the meringue powder is the only ingredient you’ll likely need to source that’s different from what you have in the pantry, as the other ingredients are more basic like butter, flour, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, baking powder, etc.
Must-Have Baking Tools (seriously)
- Silicone baking mats – I use this brand and my cookies slide right off without burning!
- a cookie scoop – get this one. It makes the perfect rounded cookies every time!
- silicone spatula – try this set. It’s the best way to get the most out of your dough and batters
- rolling pin guides – I use this one. Genius way to roll your dough out evenly!
Tools You’ll Want
To make Peppa Pig cookies and decorate them, you’ll want to make sure you have the following cookie decorating tools and accessories:
- a scribe or toothpick for adjusting icing in the details – I use this one
- piping bags for the icing – these are the best
- gel food coloring to get vibrant colors – I prefer this brand (always go gel over liquid for icing)
- Peppa Pig cookie cutter or paper template
If you can’t find a Peppa Pig cookie cutter, you can print out both Peppa Pig and Daddy pig cookie template online by simple printing out an outline of their character shapes.
Then, cut out the shape from the paper and use this as a template on your cookie dough to cut out the shapes with a knife.
It takes longer, but you can get plenty of awesome shapes this way that you wouldn’t normally get cookie cutters for.
This technique is how I made these Xbox controller cookies as well.
Don’t make substitutions in the cookie dough recipe if you want these cookies to turn out correctly.
However, if you want something other than vanilla in your royal icing, you can use something like lemon extract or almond extract.
The reason for not substituting in the cookie dough is because it is specifically formulated to prevent spread and come out with crisp and clean edges.
The royal icing is a bit more flexible and you can work with it a bit.
How to Decorate Peppa Pig Cookies
So, I’ve done two different characters: Peppa Pig and Daddy Pig cookies.
I’m going to show you the steps for both, as they will join up at the end with many similar steps.
To start, you want to outline the shirt for Daddy Pig and the dress for Peppa Pig.
Daddy Pig’s shirt is blue, and Peppa Pig’s dress is red.
Let that dry for about 30 minutes, and then outline their entire head in pink and flood it in with pink icing.
Let that dry for a good 2-3 hours, then come in with a thicker royal icing and outline the entire head in pink.
Create the snout with two dots and a half circle line.
Add arms and a swirly tail.
Draw two lines for legs at the bottom.
Use black icing to make their shoes.
Finally, use a pink icing to create a cheek with a circle shape, use red icing to create their mouth, and pipe two blobs of white with a smaller blob of black on top of it for their eyes.
For Daddy Pig, you’ll want to use brown icing to add glasses and some facial hair, whereas Peppa Pig doesn’t need anything extra.
Let dry for 8 to 12 hours and enjoy!
Peppa Pig Party Ideas
If you’re throwing a Peppa pig party, why not make this Peppa Pig cake and make sure to decorate in pinks and greens around the whole house.
- 24 Peppa pig cookies (or 12 Peppa Pig cookies and 12 Daddy Pig cookies)
- 1 batch of royal icing
- Bake the Peppa Pig cookies using the sugar cut-out cookie recipe
- Make a batch of royal icing using the royal icing recipe
- To start, you want to outline the shirt for Daddy Pig and the dress for Peppa Pig. Daddy Pig's shirt is blue, and Peppa Pig's dress is red.
- Let that dry for about 30 minutes, and then outline their entire head in pink and flood it in with pink icing.
- Let that dry for a good 2-3 hours, then come in with a thicker royal icing and outline the entire head in pink.
- Create the snout with two dots and a half circle line
- Add arms and a swirly tail.
- Draw two lines for legs at the bottom.
- Use black icing to make their shoes.
- Finally, use a pink icing to create a cheek with a circle shape, use red icing to create their mouth, and pipe two blobs of white with a smaller blob of black on top of it for their eyes.
- For Daddy Pig, you'll want to use brown icing to add glasses and some facial hair, whereas Peppa Pig doesn't need anything extra.
- Let dry for 8 to 12 hours and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.