These healthy 3 ingredient oatmeal banana cookies are incredibly easy to whip up, taste amazing, and won’t load you down with tons of manufactured sugars or flour.
When I think of cookies, I often think of something like double chocolate chip, loaded with calories and deliciously unhealthy for you goodness.
But with these 3 ingredient oatmeal banana cookies, you’re getting the silky smooth milk chocolate, a soft and chewy cookie, and a lot fewer calories.
These are cookies you can start your day with, and that’s something to be happy about!
These breakfast cookies use the banana to bind the oats together, and the chocolate chips are a fun extra – but you can get creative with what else you throw in.
It also means you don’t need any crazy ingredients, no eggs, no flour, no baking powder or baking soda – just some oatmeal, bananas, and some mix-ins.
If you want a peanut butter twist, check out the peanut butter banana oatmeal cookies.
GET A FREE COOKIE RECIPE BOOK & SECRET BAKING HACKS!
With 9 guaranteed-delicious cookie recipes and plenty of secret baking hacks, this is your ad-free key to cookie success!
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make these oatmeal banana cookies, you’ll need:
- rolled oats
- chocolate chips
- a baking tray
- a fork
Must-Have Baking Tools (seriously)
- Silicone baking mats – I use this brand and my cookies slide right off without burning!
- a cookie scoop – get this one. It makes the perfect rounded cookies every time!
- silicone spatula – try this set. It’s the best way to get the most out of your dough and batters
- rolling pin guides – I use this one. Genius way to roll your dough out evenly!
Can You Freeze Oatmeal Banana Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these cookies for up to a month, but honestly they are the best fresh and they take about 20 minutes to make, so I wouldn’t plan on making too many extras that you’ll need to save for later.
What Kind of Oatmeal to Use
To make these cookies, we want to use steel cut oats or rolled oats, not instant oats. Just good old fashioned oats.
Should the Bananas be Ripe?
The bananas, for best results, should be a bit past ripe – you can use really overripe bananas in this recipe, which is a great way to use them up.
But if they’re not ripe yet, they’re going to be really hard to mash so leave them for a few days before making.
How to Make Oatmeal Banana Cookies
To make banana oatmeal cookies, put your bananas in a large bowl and mash them with a fork until you have banana mash and it can be stirred.
Then, gradually add in the oats and keep adding until they are completely mixed in.
You don’t want the “dough” to be super sticky, so keep adding oats until you’ve got a sturdy mixture.
Add in the chocolate chips or other mix-ins and fold into the dough.
Scoop out about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and shape into a ball, putting them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
You can either leave them as balls or smash them down with the back of your fork to make them look more like cookies.
Bake for about 15 minutes at 400 F or 200 C and take out when the edges start to brown.
These are really the best to enjoy straight out of the oven, so let them cool slightly and enjoy!
3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
These 3 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies only take about 10 minutes to make and are super healthy cookies to start your day.
- 1 and 1/2 cup oats (140 grams)
- 2 ripe or overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (40 grams)
- Put your bananas in a large bowl and mash them with a fork until you have banana mash and it can be stirred.
- Then, gradually add in the oats and keep adding until they are completely mixed in. You don't want the "dough" to be super sticky, so keep adding oats until you've got a sturdy mixture.
- Add in the chocolate chips or other mix-ins and fold into the dough.
- Scoop out about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and shape into a ball, putting them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
- You can either leave them as balls or smash them down with the back of your fork to make them look more like cookies.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 400 F (200 C) and take out when the edges start to brown.
1. These are really the best to enjoy straight out of the oven, so let them cool slightly and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 39Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g